Anika Steed, 12th March 22,2017
As we all know spring break is slowly approaching; that’s right spring is finally here! Around this time students are heading out of state to visit beaches or even family. The weather is amazing it is not too hot or cold but just right. You’ve been working on your summer body so things are seeming to be going good. Seems like school is just not ending fast enough. You and your friends are constantly talking about what your week will consist of and where you are going.
Now, everyone knows that Panama City, Florida is the place to be. Everyone is going to be there from your school, it’s going to be hot and there will be A LOT of parties. Paying for a trip to go there can be expensive considering it is a very popular site around this time for for teenagers and young adults. However, you will see people doing inappropriate things and you will be influenced. You should go over ground rules with your parents and make sure to call them in case there is an emergency. If you’re not the type to be around of a lot of people maybe PCB (Panama City Beach) isn’t for you. There are still some other cool places to visit such as: Myrtle Beach, Universal Studios, Savannah, etc; these are all in the Florida/Georgia area. Some of the important things to remember is:
- You don’t have to take an exclusive trip.
- Sometimes traveling with a small group is better than a large group.
- Take lots of pictures for memories.
- Call your parents everyday to check in just so they can know that you are safe!
- Budget out your money, don’t speed all of your money on unnecessary items
- Do not drink from open beverage sources like punch bowls, pitchers or tubs.
- Use waterproof sunscreen at least SPF 30 and reapply often.
- Do your homework beforehand about your destination, keeping in mind you are subject to the laws of the country you visit.
Wherever you go the most important things that you should remember is to keep safe.