Have you ever wondered what you can do if you’re having a boring summer? This article will give you a few summer activities. Summer can be a time to relax, hang out with friends and/or family, camp, and maybe even vacation. Not only is it hard to find something to do over the summer, but some people have little siblings or maybe older siblings, you either baby sit or are baby sat. Do you hang out with grandma and grandpa all summer?
- Imagine it’s a hot summer day, do you have ice cream? If so bake some cookies for an ice cream sandwich.
- You can volunteer at an animal shelter, retirement home, nature center,etc…
- If you always have a busy summer maybe take photos of your whole summer and at the end of the summer make a photo journal or family yearbook. (Depending on your age maybe you can bring it in for show and tell.)
- If you visit the beach make sure you collect shells.
- Start babysitting.
- If you have little brothers or sisters, maybe you already babysit do a scavenger hunt A through Z. you have to find something that starts with every letter.
- Have a picnic.
- Go to the creek, or lake and fish or swim with the family.
- Make a bonfire roast hot dogs on sticks, and eat s’mores.
- Go camping.
- Set up a lemonade stand.
- Wash cars.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Go hiking, biking or simply just go for a walk.
- Plant a garden of anything you want.
- Another one for if you babysit or have little brothers or sisters you can dress up as heroes or pirates and go “adventures” and talk and act like your person all day.
- Following with babysitting you can turn your backyard into carnival set up face paint and games like ring toss.
- Make totem poles out of paper towel roll.
- Make a giant hop scotch or twister game outside on sidewalk or driveway with chalk.
- Go ziplining, you can even make one at home in the back yard from tree to tree.
- Visit a fire station.
- Go roller skating.
- Have a game night with your friends or family
Cheyanne Perkins March 8, 2017